This error code means that the launcher has failed to patch an installation due to a separate running process holding a lock on the files. In most cases, this is because the game you're trying to patch is currently running. To correct this issue:
- Close any instances of the game that you are attempting to patch.
- Kill any game or launcher-specific processes still running from your task manager.
- Open the task manager by pressing CTRL+Shift+Esc
- Use the End Process button to kill any of the following processes you find
- OrionClient-Win64-Shipping.exe (Paragon)
- Reboot your computer. If this doesn't solve the issue, move on to the next steps.
- Try temporarily disabling your antivirus program and any network monitoring software you have installed.
- Try these steps to disable all background applications and see if another program is causing the issue.
- Make sure you are running as an Administrator on your computer.
- Navigate to Start> Control Panel> User Accounts> User Accounts.
- Select Manage User Accounts.
- If you are an Administrator, Administrators will be listed beside your username under Group.
- Make sure you have read/write access to the selected install path.
- Navigate to your selected install location.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select your username in the Group or user names box.
- Verify that there is a check under Allow beside both Read and Write in the Permissions box.
If none of those solutions help, contact Player Support using the Email Us
link on the sidebar off this page for further assistance. Make sure to include your dxdiag
and launcher debug logs