LS-0014 when attempting to launch a product from the Epic Games launcher
This error occurs when our system cannot find a file or directory needed to run the program. The most common known cause of this error is an antivirus program blocking the launcher's ability to access a required file. In order to correct this error, please do the following:
If you are unable to find the file and disabling your antivirus does not solve the issue, please contact Player Support using the Email Us link on the sidebar of this page. Make sure to include your dxdiag and launcher debug logs.
- Verify that the file in question exists.
- Navigate to C:\Users\[YourUserNameHere]\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\Logs and find your most recent launcher log. It will be called EpicGameLauncher.log.
- Search your most recent launcher log for "FCommunityPortalLaunchAppTask: Failed to launch app, file not found."
- Directly following that, you should see a file path. Navigate to that path to make sure the file exists.
- Try temporarily disabling your antivirus program.