"Unknown error: File access error has occurred" when attempting to update the launcher or download content from the Marketplace
This issue is sometimes caused by antivirus software. To work around it, try the following:
- If the error is occurring while attempting to update the launcher, make sure the launcher is not already open.
- Check the Task Manager to see if the launcher process did not close from the last session. To open the Task Manager, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
- Select the Processes tab
- Check Show processes from all users
- If Epic Games launcher is listed, select it, then click End Task
- Try the steps listed here.
- If McAfee is, or ever has been installed on your computer, it may be conflicting with the Epic Games launcher and causing this problem. To completely remove it, complete the steps here.
- It has been reported that Panda Cloud Antivirus interferes with the launcher and its associated content. If you have this antivirus software installed, you can solve the problem by unchecking the Allow access by secure applications box in the Data Shield options.