Sometimes, the Epic Games launcher will need to be restarted in order to download and install updates. In order to restart the launcher, do the following:
- Close the launcher by clicking the gear in the upper right corner, then selecting Exit launcher.
- If you have enabled minimize to system tray, you will also need to exit the launcher from the system tray.
- Right click on the Epic Games launcher icon in your system tray.
- In the resulting menu, select Exit.
- Remove any command line arguments you may have from the launcher desktop shortcut's target line.
- Right click on the Epic Games Launcher desktop shortcut.
- Select Properties.
- Under the Shortcut tab, the field labeled Target should have a path that looks something like this (Your exact path may vary.): "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win64\EpicGamesLauncher.exe"
- If there are any arguments in the Target field after the path, such as in the screenshot below, remove them.
- Click Apply.
- Reopen the launcher.
- If updates need to be installed, the launcher should automatically detect them.
Please be aware that if your existing version of the Epic Games launcher is 2.9.2 or older, you may experience multiple updates.